Build to Suit
RBL Microbiology focuses on minimum inhibitory concentration screening, colony forming unit assays, and bacterial and fungal challenge models in mice. We provide customized full or partial support to meet your microbiology lab and animal model needs, including aerobiology (see Animal Support).
Contact RBL Microbiology Unit Manager with needs.
Step 1: Download and complete the appropriate sample submission manifest
More Coming Soon!
Step 2: Complete the Assay Request Form
Current approved rates for Duke Investigators can be seen in CoreResearch@Duke (Core D-0045)
CoreResearch@Duke can also be used to request an ESTIMATE for a grant or contract proposal
Service Requests and Estimates
Internal Duke users:
Make a Service REQUEST (Instructions)
External Non-Profit Institution users:
- A signed Research Analysis Quote and Agreement (RAQA) and Purchase Order (PO) will be needed from your institution
- Contact Unit manager for a price quote to get the process started
Non-Duke For-Profit Entity users:
- Duke Shared Resources can only provide services to For-Profit Entities under a signed Sponsored Research Agreement (SRA)
- The collaborative research project must have a defined research question, scope of work, budget, and timeline.
- Contact Unit manager to get the process started.
Directions to the RBL and Parking Information (contact us)
How to acknowledge work done in our facility:
Please acknowledge our facility in any publications/presentations: “____work was performed in the Microbiology Unit of the Regional Biocontainment Laboratory at Duke, which received partial support for construction from the National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (UC6-AI058607).”